Social and Dating Skills
Do you know what people think about you when they meet you for the first time? Have you ever met someone with whom you felt you shared chemistry—but found out later that he or she didn’t feel the same? If you understand the specific messages you are unconsciously sending, you have the power to enhance the impression you make, and to connect with people more readily when it counts the most.
Social Skills Coaching will help you:
• See yourself through the eyes of others
• Gain self-awareness and confidence
• Develop the verbal and nonverbal skills to make a positive impression
Here is how it works:
• Your coaching will begin with a simulated social meeting or date with a First Impressions coach.
• In a follow-up discussion, your coach will give you valuable, detailed feedback on the impression you made, including specifics about what you said or did that communicated that impression. You will learn where your unique charms and strengths lie, as well as the things you do that may send unintended messages.
• Your coach will provide suggestions on ways to better communicate your appeal, including specific actions you can take. You will receive a take-home report that outlines your first impression strengths, as well as behaviors and you may consider tweaking.
• We also offer ongoing consultation plans that enable your coach to support and challenge you as you experiment with your first impression and interpersonal style—and make lasting changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this service for?
It’s for anyone who would like insight into his or her own personal style. Some of our clients are interested in how others see them in general social situations, such as meeting new people or clients, and some are interested in how they are perceived on a first date.
What is the foundation of your methods?
Our method is modeled after one we have used to coach business executives on their interpersonal skills and leadership styles. We have translated this method from the professional to the personal sphere to help you understand how you are perceived when meeting someone new.
What is the feedback like?
It’s like a mirror. We say to you, "This is how you come across; is this consistent with what you would like to project?"—rather than giving you a list of dos and don'ts. We appreciate that everyone has a unique style; we don't want to change who you are. What we do is help you to project your true self more clearly and positively.
How can I "be myself" in a simulation?
Our clients tell us that the meeting feels very much like a typical first social encounter—after a few minutes they forget about the context. And remember, you are being evaluated during any first date or social meeting, whether you get feedback or not.
How can you simulate "chemistry"?
We can't, of course. But we do help you to understand how you are perceived so that when you feel interest in or attraction to someone, you have the tools, confidence, and power to present yourself in a positive way.
What are the logistics?
You will meet your coach in a café for a one-hour social meeting or date. We encourage you to act naturally and have fun. At the end of the hour, there will be a short break. You will pick up the tab for the coffee. Immediately afterward, you will rejoin your coach for a 90-minute feedback session.
How do I get started?
To schedule a session, call us at (212) 219-0923 or send us a message via the Contact Us page. We can schedule your meeting at a time and place that is convenient for you.
The fee for the 3-hour session is $675. You have the option of paying online or by check. You may cancel up to 24 hours before the session; upon cancellation you are entitled to a full refund or the option of rescheduling. If you pay by check, we must receive your check before the scheduled session. Please mail the check to us at 22 Prince Street, #318, New York, NY 10012.