More than ever before, today’s economy demands a proactive approach to managing your career and preparing for the future. Whether you are concerned about the security of your current job or you are seeking a new position, a carefully considered career plan is vital.
For many professionals, career transitioning is a perplexing, emotionally charged experience. Some people become paralyzed, while others engage in a fury of activity that may not deliver the results they desire. We can help you to develop yourself both emotionally and strategically, and to put yourself ahead of the curve.
We guide you through a one-on-one personalized transitions workshop, helping you to systematically think through your opportunities and identify your best career path. We’ll coach you to consider the full range of options, such as: actively networking within your field, wisely utilizing your time until the economy recovers, becoming a consultant or entrepreneur, or retooling for a different industry. We will help you understand the issues involved in career transitioning, guide you in developing an individualized, action-oriented strategic plan, and provide coaching on networking and job-search tactics.
Career Transitions Coaching will help you:
• Explore the range of opportunities appropriate for you
• Identify, confront, and conquer your fears and concerns
• Clarify your financial goals
• Create a strategic plan to actualize your goals, with a timeline of specific actions
• Develop habits that maintain your energy and focus
• Monitor and measure your progress
Here is how it works:
• During your initial consultation, you will meet with your First Impressions coach to discuss your goals, challenges, and opportunities.
• A set of assessments will be employed to help you learn about yourself. A structured interview will guide you through a systematic analysis of your personal, professional, and financial goals. Personality and career inventories will be used to reveal your unique profile of professional skills and preferences.
• Your coach will help you to chart a clear course of action that includes an overall career strategy as well as specific actions to take.
• Your coach will then meet with you on a regular basis to identify challenges, measure progress, and support you throughout the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this service for?
It is especially designed for professionals undergoing career challenges or transitions. Some of our clients are strategizing next steps in their careers and are concerned about security and limited growth opportunities, and many are “pink slippers,” who are on the job market.
How is this different from outplacement services?
Outplacement provides excellent advice on job-search tactics. We go beyond job-search tactics—we help you think more strategically about life goals and uncover the emotional obstacles that hinder your growth, and we provide personalized coaching to support you.
How can you help me if the economy is the problem?
We have coached people to successfully transition their careers in the current economy. There are many more options than people realize. While the economy will test us all, it is your response—and your actions—that determine your future. Many of our clients have discovered new, unexpected roles and undergone experiences that have led them to happier, more fulfilling lives than they ever would have imagined.
What is the coaching like?
Coaching consists of confidential discussions between you and your coach during which you create a career strategy, set specific goals, and identify actions to take. Your coach will help you process your emotions, keep you focused, and make sure you are actively pursuing your goals.
How can I get more information and a consultation quote?
Please go to our Contact Us page to request more information.